Thursday, August 30, 2007

Archives-Ugh 6/26/2007

June 26, 2007

I just read a really great quote: "This whole global warming thing wouldn't be so bad if I looked better in a swimsuit". Amen.
So, I just had my first bad cavity. Apparently, I've only ever had baby cavities, and only two of them. This one was from hell. They had to stick me four times with the novacaine; then proceeded to drill until I was pretty sure the entire tooth was gone. And, after filling and filling, she sweetly told me that root canal is still a possibility for the future. I'm pretty sure I don't ever want to do that. And I'm pretty sure that I do not want to be awake for the extraction of my wisdom teeth, which I told G. He promptly told me it's too expensive for me to be put under. Considering the thousands we have already spent on his teeth, I don't see where he gets a say-so. Why, oh why, did I not have those little suckers removed when I was much younger? When I had time, and before the roots were long, before it was going to be a huge, ridiculous ordeal? The dentist told me I should have babysitting arranged for a week after. G is sure that I don't need more than the day of. So, I see no option besides keeping those teeth in my mouth.
I've been very, very stressed lately. For some reason, that makes G want to ignore me more, and help less. Then he'll turn it around and blame it on me, saying I didn't appreciate the help he did give, or I expected too much, or whatever. Don't get me wrong, he's not always bad, but I'm telling you that every time in my life that I have truly needed him, he has let me down. What does that do to a person? What does it say to me? It sucks.
On a lighter note, we're just home from G's grandmother's house. Her un-airconditioned house. Mind you, she has air conditioning, but she refuses to turn it on because she's scared her utility bill will be too high. For God's sake, at least set the thing on 85! I don't know how she can live like that. Of course, she is from the Philippines, so heat is part of her nature, and she is older, so she probably likes it a little on the warm side, but good grief. It must have been 90 degrees in there, and yes, it was cooler outside. Makes me want to smack someone at BGE. She's having a party this weekend, and expecting many guests. You can bet I'll be sneaking over to the thermostat before they arrive :) Speaking of BGE, they called to say that my meter is not scanning properly, and can I please turn off all "sensitive" electronics from 8am to 4pm on the day they'll be here. Give me a break. What am I supposed to do, stare at the wall all day? As much as I pay them per month, they can at least knock on the door and let me know when they get here. Hmph.

No comments: