Thursday, August 30, 2007

Archives-More of the Same 8/11/2007

August 11, 2007

Bad luck, that is. Or more likely, lessons. I have a rash. It's on my arms, feet, legs, hips, tatas, and butt. I have no idea what it is...but it itches like hell and doesn't look much better. I'm beginning to wonder if I am now allergic to amoxicillin, but I can't remember whether the rash or the drug started first. Not to mention that I'm having no problems breathing. At least it's not on my face, KNOCK ON WOOD, THANK YOU GOD! Yes, Lord, if you're reading this, I truly am thankful that it's not on EVERY part of my body, and therefore You need afflict me no further. We will see if Claritin can give me some relief, so that I can cease looking like a chimpanzee infested with fleas.
The A/C is fixed. At least, I think it is. G thought it was fixed last night, and instructed me on his way out that I could close the windows and turn it on, once I got home from work. I did. It was 83 degrees in the house, and hardly any air, let alone cool air, came from the vents. After an hour or so, I gave up. As Nathan and Kim can attest, it was doing nothing. It was so nice outside last night that I was actually cold this morning. We never sleep with the windows open. I mean, this is probably the second time this year that we have, thanks to my daughter's severe allergies in the spring and summer. We pretty much climate control to try to keep out as much pollen as possible. It was nice to be lulled to sleep by the cricket songs and breeze, but I woke up frequently from all the "strange" sounds. Not to mention that G came home at God-knows-what-time, and proceeded to try to work on the A/C some more at 3:40 this morning. I was a bit less than pleased, and instructed him to head to bed to preserve his health. Did I mention that I had to get up and go to work this morning? At least it was Courtney's turn to go to Starbucks, so I could sleep in an extra 15 minutes. Anyway, the A/C is supposed to be fixed now, but G is still working on the outside unit. It's cruddy, badly in need of a thorough scrub. Kinda like my car, which I would clean, but G is using the hose. I think I'll visit the carwash instead.
Ah, but there is swimming and cookout at my mom's this evening, and passionfruit mojitos, too. It don't get much better than that. And Mom's has plenty of A/C.
Happy weekend.

No comments: