Thursday, August 30, 2007

Archives-And Four Becomes Three 8/9/2007

August 9, 2007

So, I wrote this blog the other night, and in all my finesse, deleted it. *sigh* I wanted to tell you about the dinner I made...chipotle cinnamon rubbed (thanks for the suggestion, Nathan) pork chops, twice baked cheddar & bacon potatoes, zucchini pancakes (yay, the kids liked them!), corn on the cob & cinnamon apples. Yes, I made it all myself "from scratch". [From starch, maybe...yes, it was a bit of a starchy meal, but it was so good.] I'm trying to do more of that, lately, because I'm tired of eating out of a box. I made a similar meal for a lady from church who has two boys 3 and under, and is pregnant with twins...and is on complete bedrest. Ah, I remember those days...and I had no other children at that time, so I don't know how she's dealing with her two boys. She's worried for the twins, that they'll have to go to the NICU. I remember those days, too. She's far enough along that even if they do, it'll be a short stay. Man, my baby fever is just crazy! Why do I still want one more? It makes no good sense at all. Perhaps I should go visit her in another two months, when she has all the babies and is so tired she doesn't know what to do with herself. And her poor belly...the physical carrying of the two little bodies, I can tell, would be torturous. Even one is, towards the end. I can't imagine the stretch marks she'll earn. On the other hand, if a baby brings much joy to a family, twice that with two. I just wish I could be at peace with "only" having three, plus one with wings.
I also made pico de gallo, which is probably inedible, for all the jalapenos I put in it. I ate the crap out of that stuff while I was in Mexico...with the fresh guacamole and fresh tortilla chips. My wisdom tooth has recently been infected AGAIN, so I ought not eat any tortilla chips. So, the pico sits in my fridge, waiting for someone brave enough to eat it. G is not...he will not eat vegetables in salsa form unless they have been liquified. Tonight I am also making a white cake with peanut butter filling and chocolate frosting. I should probably farm that out to my sister and mother, so I won't be "forced" to eat it all.
I think one of our goldfish is dying. I expect to find him floating in the near future, as he's not swimming quite right these days. We also have an aggressor, which G insists we should flush. He is pretty mean. Who knew a goldfish would be so territorial, or whatever his problem is?
I took Cam shopping for her school stuff this evening. I can't believe it's so close. Next week, we are on vacation, thank God. Then it's back to school, already! I'm SO not ready to resume waking up at 6:30am. Then we'll have Collin's party, and then I have to have my wisdom teeth removed. I'm so anxious about it I could turn inside out. I'd rather have five more labors & deliveries. Honestly, I'd rather have any other kind of surgery. I think the greatest fear is being awake for the whole thing. I really don't care to be traumatized in that fashion.
Update...the poor fishy is dead. Now there are three. Even though he was a carnival fish, I'm sad to see him go. Nobody likes the final flush. The cake was good, but very rich. I'm thinking it will be better once it has been refrigerated...I'm weird, I like cold cake (as long as the chilling doesn't dry it out). I guess it's good that it's rich...that will prompt me to eat smaller portions of it. I'm still going to give some to whoever stops by my house in the next couple of days. :)

No comments: