Thursday, August 30, 2007

Archives-Appliances & Outings 5/13/2007

May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers' Day to all you mamas!
We have a new resident in the living room. Yep, our big ol' dinosaur tv has been retired. We actually downgraded and upgraded at the same time. We're going from a 52" to a 40", but we're going from a projection to a flat panel. On the wall. For those of y'all who have been in my living room, y'all know the only thing we need 52" of is extra room. I feel a little sad about the money we spent, but it's always nice to have something new. Something that works, and is nice.
G had an itinerary all planned out for us last night. He portrayed it as being a nice outing for the two of us...with stops at City Dock for coffee, Outback for dinner, and Bruster's for dessert. But don't be fooled, babies, he really just tried to squeeze in as much cruising on his motorcycle as possible. We had a gift certificate to Outback, which I forgot...you know, because I didn't have my purse, being on the motorcycle and all. We ended up having dinner at Pusser's, right on the dock, which was lovely. The drinks were great, the food was quite tasty. And then the clouds rolled in. It got windier and darker, and we hoped it would blow over. Then we decided we'd better eat. Fast. We hurried through our dinner and cruised out of town. We made it only to Arnold before it started dumping, and we ended up seeking refuge at the BP on Jones Station Rd for half an hour or so. We finally decided to brave it, after the rain slowed quite a bit, and headed back to G's cousin's (who graciously watched our children). Of course then I got to drive my truck, but G was stuck driving home again on his motorcycle, and it started dumping again. Good times!
So Father's Day? Yeah, I'm going to get a massage. Because tonight, instead of kicking back and relaxing, watching the Survivor Finale...I got to bathe the kids, feed the picky ones dinner (you know, since they couldn't eat at the cookout), and put them to bed. While G was off riding his motorcycle with Jason. Hmph.
Four more days till Mexico! We all finally have our passports, and now I'm anxious. Tomorrow I begin the packing. I cannot get my brain around the fact that I will be there in four days. I hope G and the kids will not level the house while I am gone.

No comments: