Thursday, August 30, 2007

Archives-Finally! 3/13/2007

March 13, 2007

On Valentine's Day, G and I went to dinner. Because of the snow storm, couples stayed home, but we fared well in the Jeep. So well, in fact, that we were done in record time. That's pretty unheard of at Seaside, the 'Burn's premier seafood restaurant. Anyway, we proceeded to Target, bought a travel Scrabble, and headed for Starbucks for some adult game time. We have been playing frequently ever since. And he's been beating me...ever since. He's had a few stunners, but I'm generally better at the words, hands down. However, strategically, he's much better. He will play a word for location every time...and he stalks the Triple Word Scores like nobody's business. Tonight, his luck has changed. I won, finally, I won! Since I was keeping score, and who knows when it will happen again, I have to let you know that it was 252 (a lucky number for me already) to 224. I'm sighing contentedly.The kiddies went from bad to worse, and $100 or so and an evening at Nighttime Pediatrics later, they're officially on the mend. I think. I asked for a gallon of "the pink stuff", and they thought I was kidding. They all three had strep. G even had an ear infection. Somehow (knock on wood), I was fine. I am fine. And it had better stay that way.I think we've finally narrowed it down-I think us girls are going to go to the Mayan Riviera. It's kind of a longer trip than we wanted-the flight is slightly longer, and the trip from the airport is kinda long, but it seems like a great deal. The price is pretty reasonable. I read every single review that Trip Advisor had to offer, and the resort is highly complemented and gorgeous. The area is full of cultural and scenic things to see and do, and I just might get to practice my [very] rusty Spanish. The only derogatory reviews were that the beds are firm (but I hear you can beg the front desk for a foam topper), and there is no drink service on the beach. I guess that's okay, because I can work off my pina coladas and margaritas by walking to get more. And I'll be sure to take a large, insulated cup so as not to have to use the resort's little four-ounce cups.We're also going to FL next month...and staying with the inlaws. That should be interesting, but I'm excited, none the less. My MIL very generously offered to pay for our flights, if we would pay for the rental car. Obviously, we did not refuse. G is convinced that once we rent the minivan, I will want to trade in my Tahoe. There is no chance, but I guess it would be nice to have seating for more than five. I can't wait to take boat rides on the Gulf and even take the kiddies to the biggest money pit on the planet (Disney World).I wore a t-shirt today, and my jonquils are blooming. There is light at the end of this tunnel called winter. All seems right in the world

No comments: