Thursday, August 30, 2007

Archives-Midnight Musings July 13, 2007

July 13, 2007

How can it be Saturday again already? I am so sick of working every single weekend--working Friday night, and then right back in on Saturday morning. Now, I really shouldn't complain, because I only work *outside the home* for about 15 hours (three days) per week. However, I do have a full-time job here at home. G thinks it's all cake, how I go on walks at the park, take "field trips" to petting zoos, etc. I was pretty sure he got a taste of what it's really like while I was in Mexico. Anyway, it just seems like the summer is flying by at an alarming rate. One more month, and the kids will be getting ready to go back to school. One more month, and I'll be back to getting up early every day. Kinda makes homeschooling sound like an attractive option.
So, Matt & Christi are moving in a couple of days. I still can't believe they're going. The older I get, the more I cherish my friends and family, and therefore do not wish to be far away from them. In fact, I'd really hate to move somewhere brand new and start all over again without anyone at all. I think G's going to be really depressed when his best friend is gone. On the other hand, I might be able to get him to spend more time with me!
We took the pacifier away from the baby. He breaks my heart, asking for it. He's really a more babyish boy than the other two were at this age. I just don't know how I'm going to console him while we're out...it's so convenient to pop in the paci when he's fussing in the dr's office or whatever. Seems like the other two, we could reason with a little more than him. I'm waiting for Terrible Two-style tantrums to ensue. I guess it's better in the long run, but I'm of the opinion that no one goes to college-or even elementary school-with one, so it's not that big a deal to me...especially when they only have it at bed time. G was more interested in taking it away from him than I was.
I just received notification about my (ahem) 15 year reunion. Um, that's a little bit scary!!! First of all, it's at La Fontaine Bleu (blech). They said, 'I know, but it was the cheapest thing around'. Secondly, I'm not sure anyone from my little (and I do mean little) group of friends will be there. There are a few people I would like to see, but that's about it. What do you think? Did you go to yours? Would you go?
So, tomorrow we're having a fire to send Matt & Christi off. I'm only expecting a handful of people, but it should be fun (if I can stay awake!). I have a habit of staying up too late on Friday, getting up early on Saturday, having a couple of drinks and then passing out sitting up. It's rather embarrassing, really. I will try to stay awake, at least for the majority of the evening. Hey, at least if I pass out, then I don't have to clean up, right?

No comments: