Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It’s Official, I’m a Soccer Mom In Training

Yep, we did it. We bought a minivan. If you had told me 10 years ago that I would be driving a minivan with three kids, I’d probably have slapped you. But, it’s in front of my house, and the kids are all fired up about it. We bought a 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE, which is the nicest and newest vehicle I have owned. When I compare that to the 1983 VW Rabbit I used to have when Cameron was little, well, it seems like I’m living the good life. On the other hand, now I have to pay for the damn thing. I just hope I’m not going to be car-poor. I will have to be more strict with my spending, that’s for sure. Rather like the tv we bought last summer, we have spent more than we originally agreed upon. Seems like the American Way, no?

I hope that it’s a wise investment. It will cost less in gas than the Tahoe, which is, of course, wonderful. I hope it will serve us well. And God bless Toyota for the 14 cup holders!

No comments: