Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ed, I'm Coming for You...

So, quite a while ago, I told G about Guitar Hero...how all the kids are playing it, and how it sounds like fun and he would probably love it. I’m sure he’d already heard of it, being the tech geek he is, but I don’t think he really realized its popularity. Well, now of course we have the Wii, thanks to my Target stalking at Christmas time. It was only recently that G learned the Guitar Hero was available for the Wii.

And then there was Ed. Ed is his friend from work, whom I have never met. I don’t know what he’s like, I will admit...but I’ve got it out for him. See, I’ve been having a little trouble getting my husband to spend time with me. He’s been a workaholic lately, and when he’s not working, he’s doing what HE wants (messing around on the computer, playing volleyball, doing whatever it is he does in the garage). Yesterday, G brought home a white box. Can you guess what was inside?

He spent all of last night first clumsily following along, and later full-out rockstar jamming around the living room (I mean complete with lip syncing, jumping, super-exaggerated strumming). He didn’t make Cameron’s lunch, like I asked. He didn’t get his clothes out of my truck as I asked. He didn’t come to bed with me. SIGH. Goodbye, G. See you in a couple of weeks.

Ed, if a brick (or the Enemy in the White Box) crashes through your front window, you’ll know it was a present from sweet little ol’ me.

No comments: