Monday, April 7, 2008

Cars & Boys

I hate buying a used car.  You never know what you’re going to get, and obviously, any car of any age can have issues.  This morning, I pressed the remote start button, and there was merely a click.  SIGH.  Know what that means.  There was enough battery for me to open the side door and let Cameron in so that I could try to start it, which it refused to do.  There was not enough juice left to close the door.  Beautiful.  So, I checked the warranty information, and confirmed what I already knew to be true: batteries are not covered.  OF COURSE.  Happy Monday.  Thank God, I still have the Tahoe, so we were able to jump in her and go.  Now, if only she will play nice for the remainder of the day.


On a funny note, last night, G and I were sitting here in the living room, ignoring eachother on opposing laptops like always, when there was a funny, long, foamy sound from the bathroom.  Collin was supposed to be rinsing after brushing his teeth.  I yelled, "COLLIN!  What was that--shaving cream?!"  There was a brief pause, where he was almost audibly thinking, Crap!  Should I tell her?  He said, "Uh, I don’t know, I can’t read!"  He of course was full of it, he knew exactly what it was.  He had filled the sink with his Mr. Men Crazy Soap (bath foam).  At least it was nothing I had to clean off the walls...where better to make a mess than where we can just turn on the water and rinse it away?


I’m hoping all these nasty, cold, wet days are going to lead to some pretty fabulous May flowers, as the old saying goes.  I’m really sick of this weather, and I check Southwest & Airtran almost daily for an airfare that I can afford (times five, of course) to someplace warm.  I think everyone else is feeling much the same.  It’s a shame we couldn’t get a group rate on a flight/vacation package, eh?  We have not had a harsh winter, I don’t think (at least, the beginning of it wasn’t), but now it just seems to be dragging along.  March was supposed to have gone out like a lamb, and with the exception of one day, it didn’t.  At least the end of this week looks a little more promising.


Hope your week’s starting off better than mine!

No comments: