Saturday, October 6, 2007

Nothing New

I went to the gym again today...it's only my second time ever. We got kicked out (you know, because they were closing). It's kind of a good feeling to get kicked out of a gym. On the other hand, they were closing because they close early on Saturdays. You know, because most people have a life, unlike me.

G and the rest of the fam are in West Virginia, at Ralph's house, so it's strangely quiet here. I'm sipping my last glass of sangria, debating about going to get some more. Why can't they have delivery liquors? I guess that would be a bad idea.

So, my baby girl is about to turn eight. I know it sounds cliche, but I swear to you that I don't know where the time has gone. I cannot get my brain around the fact that she has been here for eight years...and that I'm eight years older than I was when I had her. When I consider how much I have changed since then, how my life has changed...it's just astounding. We are having a party for her next weekend, so I will be busy, busy this week. I remember being her age-birthday parties were so important. She really wants a hamster, but her father has forbid it (since, well, her room looks like a place that the county would likely condemn). Her frog recently died, too, so that makes me really want to get her the hamster...but you know, that would just be one more thing for me to take care of. Not to mention that it would cause strife between me and G. And can you imagine the two boys letting it out, giving it a haircut, or feeding it M&Ms? Yeah...

Oh yeah, and they're cutting our peaktime hours at work. I'll lose 4 hours per pay period. You know, that doesn't really hurt my feelings, because I'm pretty tired of working there. It used to be a great place to work, but my branch is subject to ridiculous politics these days. On the other hand, I guess I will miss the money. Especially since Comcast is not going to take over Millennium, and therefore I will get no free cable. SIGH. The price of everything is going up, but my salary is going down. I know, I know...I sound really old. It's because I am.

Happy fall...who's in on a Halloween fire?

No comments: