Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween

I know I'll be too busy tomorrow to say it, so Happy Halloween.  I have costumes to wash, school to get to, kids to wrestle into costumes, makeup to apply, treats to pass out, kids to cart around, and candy to haul.  But it will be fun. 


We carved pumpkins last night, and fought.  The usual...who does more, who is inconsiderate, who doesn't understand.  It was loads of fun.  G actually carved his pumpkin with a jig saw. 



 


I guess it made quick and fairly precise work of it, but I wouldn't say it's for everyone.  In the end, he got a nice, mean-looking pumpkin, which is what he wanted.  I won't comment any further. 



 


 


 


So anyway, tonight is his volleyball night.  Last night, he complained that he was missing the game...I guess because he was carving his pumpking.  As though that was an obligation.  Nevermind the fact that I carved three kids' pumpkins, in addition to my own.  Back to volleyball.  Tonight was an extra-long night, because he had to "call lines".  That means I did dinner and herded the bunch to gymnastics myself, as usual.  I had to wrangle the two boys while we watched Cam's last "showcase" class (and I did two other showcase classes today, as well).  That was a little less than fun, although she did a great job.  She seems to be really built for gymnastics, and has always enjoyed it.  I put up a couple of new pictures, if you're interested.  Then, after VB, he's going to call and ask if I mind if he goes to this cool little tequila bar they've been going to.  He doesn't even like tequila, and suffice it to say that I'm pretty jealous, and pretty peeved.  I'm home with the kids, drinking wine by myself again.  Speaking of kids, they've been running amok since we got home.  I tried to coerce them into eating the dinner they balked at earlier...potstickers, garlic lo mein, and fresh squash sauteed in garlic & olive oil.  What's wrong with them?  Anyway, I guess I should go bathe them now, and put them to bed.  A good mom would do that.  I'm so going to Mexico again next year.

No comments: