Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fall Is Upon Us

Seems as though fall came, night before last. It reminds me of that John Mayer song, "When autumn comes, it doesn't ask...it just walks in where it left last And you never know when it starts, until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart". So, that's kinda what happened...there's fog around my summer heart. It's kind of crisp and inviting, but still sad. I love fall...it's what comes after that I hate.

I took another meal to a family that I met at church--the one with twins. The twins are here, and both are home now. The one little boy had to stay in the NICU until Wednesday. That was longer than I thought he'd have to stay. It must be quite surreal to go from a family of four to a family of six just like that. It must be overwhelming to have two new little souls in the house. I was saddened to learn that her husband has just received orders for Texas, so they will likely be leaving the area before Christmas. It sucks when you befriend someone new, and they leave before you really get a chance to know them. Anyway, her babies are so cute, and I had to avert my eyes, as Megan told me. You know, to keep the baby fever at bay.

Yesterday, we went to Hershey Park with all the kiddies. It was fun, but tiring, and went quite quickly. I never got to ride anything for myself, although I'm not really supposed to, either. I have two titanium rods that I would kind of like to keep implanted in my spine. Coming loose would be a bad thing (I know, I've done that once already). I long to get on a good rollercoaster, and there was one that looked quite enticing. My daughter is a dare devil, and will get on any ride she is tall enough for. Poor kid, she might not get to ride the "big" roller coasters until she's in her late teens. All of my children are vertically challenged, you see.

Today was a couch day. I slept late, let the boys sleep late, and just kinda laid around for most of the day. I feel like crap, and I'm hoping that most of this cold will be over with by Thursday, when I have my teeth out. It's going to really suck if I can't breathe through my nose during that procedure. My gag reflex being hyper-active as it is, I can't imagine not being able to breathe through my nose.

I don't know how this is all going to play out. I don't know how I'm going to take care of three kids while enduring the pain and mess that comes along with the procedure. On the other hand, what choice do I have? I have already warned them that they will have to be on their best behavior. I see lots of videos in our future. Gotta love the instant babysitter.

Happy Monday to you all.

No comments: