Monday, September 10, 2007

Come On In, the Water's Fine

September 10, 2007

This weekend flew by, and my middle son turned four. Seems so silly to say, but it seems like he was just born. I honestly can't get my brain around how fast my life is flying by. And it's already football season (does anyone else hate the female announcers?!). The angle of the sun has changed, the crickets have returned, and the temperature is slowly getting cooler (ok, not today). I can't believe it's almost fall. But you know what that means...it's almost fire season. I even shopped for a new fire bowl today.
Anyway, the party was fun, but hectic. Seems like I really never get time to sit and have a few drinks, enjoy myself and my company. There is always something else to think about. The highlight of the day, of course, was when we gave G a dip in the pool...against his will, and fully clothed. To me, it was a personal vendetta, after his failure to return home from a bachelor party in a timely fashion (and he drove his motorcycle after drinking, the ass). We were laughing so hard, we could hardly function. I will give him this: he is a strong, squirmy somebody. He definitely did not go down without a fight, and it took several of us. I'll have to check my camera, and the cameras of those around me...you might see the video up on Youtube soon. It reminded me of the time on our youth group ski trip (a la 1989) when a bunch of guys tried to wrestle G into a hotel bath tub full of ice water. That was hysterical, too.
Today I spent quite a while at Patapsco, walking with the boys. It was completely silent there...even the river was quiet, since it is so low. I've never seen the dam so low, either. It was peaceful--exactly what I needed after a busy weekend. I saw two deer, a heron, and a groundhog. I was also pleased to not see any dead fish in the river. It was a good day.
I hope you all have a good week.

No comments: